Friday, May 7, 2010

Lenses, Beans and Yogurt

We had a couple of appointments at the hospital today. Well Sascha did and we were kind of obliged to go along with her. Her first appointment was to have her lenses fitted and to teach us how to put them in. I think they're going to work well for her but the process to get them in and out is a bit distressing for her. She mainly doesn't like being wrapped really tight and held down but she probably doesn't like the whole having something shoved in her eye bit either. She could obviously see a lot better. She was smiling at everyone!!!

I then dropped the boys off in the playground and took Sascha to her dietitian. I basically had to admit to someone trained in healthy eating that the only things our daughter will eat are baked beans and yogurt. I try really hard to hide lots of other things in her mushed up beans but it has to have a good scoop of those lovely little things or she won't touch it. After so long of not wanting to eat anything I'm just going to humour her for a bit longer. The dietitian, luckily, understood. She said to keep mixing in veggies and some meat as often as possible. I'm going to finish with a classic mother's lament:

"Why won't my children just eat and sleep? It's not that hard!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment