Wednesday, May 5, 2010

If the Knickers Fit....

It's all organised and I'm just starting to get the inevitable butterflies. I went in to Eves Gift today to try on my "costume" for Saturday's viewing. For those of you who don't know I'm involved in a fund raiser for the WCH. My friends and family are sponsoring me to wear a skimpy nightie in the window of a boutique lingerie shop. It will be interesting to say the least.

It was difficult to find something in the shop that I was willing to wear and that wouldn't let the punters down. I have to show a bit of skin or all the lovely people who have sponsored me will be yelling "cop out" at me through the glass. On the other hand no one wants to see post pregnancy belly skin so I had to be prudent without be frigid, so to speak.

I think, on the day, I'll take a book. I then only have to look at those who tap on the window to get my attention. I'll take "The Consolations of Philosophy". It won't be the first time philosophy has been used as a buffer to help overcome moments of doubt and pure, unrefined fear.

1 comment:

  1. I so wish I could come by & see you in the window. when else am I going to get a chance to see a living doll!!

    ReplyDelete